Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Purple People?

Wow. I just finished practicing for the talent show on Tuesday. It is supposed to be for the kids, and any teachers who want to participate. Well of course we third grade teachers decided to get involved! Our team tends to be the crazy go-getters. We will be performing "Purple People Eater", and I am one of the backup singers/dancers. It's going to be hilarious and lots of fun! God has blessed me with such a wonderul team of teachers to work with. They are supportive, encouraging, and soooo much fun!We're like a family. I thank God everyday that I love my job so much!

I had home group last night...another area in which I feel graciously blessed. We signed our covenant and decided on a new curriculum to begin. We will be reading "The Five Love Languages of Singles". I'm really looking forward to it. I love the girls in my group. It's awesome to get together and have fellowship/worship with a group of girls who share the same beliefs as I do. It's exciting to know that God led us all to be in this particular group, and I can't wait to see what I learn from each of the girls. I think we're going to Greenville this weekend to see Lee McD at Carpentar's Cellar. OOOOHHHH, and Lemongrass first....ahh how I love Thai food! Man, I'm so glad I got over my nerves and went to group link. I know it's hard to believe, but I'm actually pretty shy around a big crowd of people I don't know! (Amazing for those of you who know how much I love to talk.) But God gave me the strength and I'm so thankful. The support and encouragement I've received from my home group is outstanding. I don't know what I'd do without them!

Man, I also have a SUPER family!!! (Man, I sure do say "Man" a lot...where did I get that from?) As most of you know, I'm carless right now which is NO FUN. But Lee and Jill, my brother and sister-in-law, have pretty much let me take over their truck. I'm so grateful! God blessed me with the best family in the world. They are so giving and selfless. And great Christian role models. And man, I'm loving the truck. Trucks are a great self-esteem boost for those of us who are vertically challenged. I'm beginning to feel like it's mine. I'm driving it, putting gas in it, wrecking it, paying for that....Yeah i backed into a car at church. And not just any car...a Corvette! Thankfully, God has changed me so much that I didn't even stress about it though! And I'd have had a nervous breakdown this time last year! Lee and Jill are just awesome. As much as I've put them through...they've always been there for me. I think they're finally proud of me. ;-) Check out Lee's site and you can find out about Kitty, the frog I got my nephew Hunter (who is, by the way, the love of my life! Hunter, not Kitty).

I'm reading "The Purpose Driven Life" right now. It's so great, and I've learned a lot from it already. I've been praying that God will show me my purpose for life. I feel like I'm not complete somehow, like there's more I want or need to be doing for Him. I'm just not sure what exactly. I know God will guide me in the direction I need to go. Everyday of my life is so exciting now since I've began my walk with Christ. I grow more in love with Him everyday. And I can't wait to learn more and watch what He does with my life. My life has a whole new meaning now, and I owe it all to God! Gotta run...planning period over!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home