Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas

I just had the BEST Christmas ever. Really.
Paul took me to the Biltmore House on Friday. We got up early and beat the crowd (good thinking Paul). Even though it was pouring down rain, we had the best time! I've never been, and I was amazed by the house. We also toured the green houses and winery. That night, we went to Paul's cousin's house for a family get together.
Saturday, church at New Spring. Awesome as always. The sermon really helped put the importance of Christmas into perspective. It's a shame we (myself definitely included) get so caught up in shopping, rushing around, and spending money that we forget we're celebrating the birth of Jesus. After church, my family, Paul, and I went to eat and looked at Christmas lights. (I have to admit, I was a little disappointed in the Pelzer lights this year!) Fun times!
On Sunday, more church at New Spring...getting my greet on, as I like to say. :) Paul and I exchanged Christmas presents that evening. Then we went to his family's house, ate, and opened presents. Paul has an absolutely amazing family by the way.
Today, we went to my brother and sister-in-law's house for Christmas brunch with my family. We opened presents by the fire and watched Christmas Vacation (best movie ever). I was in a rush when we were heading to my brother's and I left my car on. You know, not running, but just enough for the radio to be on so that I could get a CD out. So when we got back to my house, my car was of course dead. So after a romantic Christmas dinner at Super China Buffet (no, really it was!) we headed to my brother's again for jumper cables. So the ol' Metro is up and running again! Hooray! We then went BACK to my brother's for some Trivial Pursuit, which Paul and I (okay really just Paul) kicked butt at. :) It was so nice just to spend some good ol' quality time with the most important people in my life.
So all of that said, Christmas was awesome. I've always associated this time of year with some not-so-happy memories. Not this year, thanks to some new additions to my life! ;) This really was the best Christmas ever.

3 Comments:

At 11:36 AM, Blogger Liz said...

i agree! my only regret is that i didn't get the super china buffet crab legs....yummmm
thank YOU for a great christmas!

 
At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, indeedy, Super China Buffet is good and I bet it is even better on Christmas- very "A Christmas Story"-like. If you ever need jumper cables again (hopefully you won't) just come down the street and we'll take care of 'ya.

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger Liz said...

thanks will! i always forget you all are right down the street! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home