Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I'm engaged! part 2

Sorry the details are so late coming! But here they are...
So as you know, Paul told me he had a surprise for me on Saturday. He picked me up around 10:30 and we headed towards Easley. By this time, I knew we were going on a picnic. But that was not all! We ended up in Dacusville at Eden Farms. I was so excited because I love horses (used to show and own them) and I had not ridden in such a long time! So now I knew we were going on a trail ride AND have a picnic lunch! It was just the two of us plus the guide on our ride. We rode around for about an hour and then we went to an area where we were met by two other riders with our lunch that Paul had packed. They all left, so it was just the two of us. At this point I started getting suspicious so I couldn't really eat much. :) Well, when we were finished eating Paul started to tell me all the reasons he wanted me to be his wife one day, and then he got on one knee and proposed! I of course said YES!!! It was such a beautiful day, in between two days where it POURED! All God. It's been all God throughout our whole relationship, which is so encouraging. My ring is absolutely stunning. I had the biggest smile for the rest of the ride after that! It keeps getting better...We went back to Greenville to Paul's parents' house and showered. Then we went to downtown Greenville for my birthday (and engagement celebration as it turns out :) ) dinner at Lemongrass. I was so amazed...there were like 30 people there! 30 of my closest friends and family. It was perfect. Perfect day, perfect fiance', perfect ring, perfect dinner...
This has really amplified all that God has done in my life over the past 2(almost) years. He has blessed me more than I will ever deserve.
All in all, I get to marry my best friend and spend the rest of my life with him, loving him and learning how to be a Godly wife. I can't wait!

7 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet! Am I invited to the wedding?

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Liz said...

yes, AND to the honeymoon ;)

 
At 10:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you two are so cute :-)

 
At 10:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad that I am friends with both of you and that I got to celebrate with you!

 
At 10:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That anonymous is me!

 
At 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome! What a surprise! We had no idea that was coming. Wow. God loves tadpoles afterall I guess. And so do I. I can't wait to help you shop for dresses too. You know I have great taste. I am thinking something maybe white and blue with shoelaces to tie up the back (for that 'I'm frum Belt'n' look). Oh and socks too. Kneehighs tubes with teal stripes at the top. You are going to look so pretty. When is it we are going shopping?

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

how romantic!!! i'm so happy for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home