Saturday, September 10, 2005

Back to school...and feeling frustrated!

Hi all..sorry I've been so slack with my blog lately. Back to school time is always so hectic! I do have a wonderful class this year...blessed 2 years in a row! I'm loving teaching so much more this year...all because I have God in my life. What a difference that makes in EVERYTHING!
So I've been really frustrated lately. Dealing with distractions is not fun. I've had a lot going on in my life lately that has really had me worried and therefore distracted away from God. I feel like no matter how much I pray and speak to God, I'm just not hearing Him. I want to have peace and find answers, and those both seem so hard to find right now! Luckily I work with a wonderful wise lady by the name of Rhonda Arnold. (What would I do without her sometimes?!?!) She suggested that I fast, which I am. (YES I am still eating! A LOT as usual) So, I tried it for 4 days (giving up one of my distractions, and not an easy one I tell you!). It allowed me some peace and more quiet time with God, however still no clear answers, so I'm still at it till Monday. Wish me luck!
I am training for a half marathon right now so wish me luck on that too! I ran in a 10 K last weekend and came in 3rd for my division, so I was pretty pumped!
Well that's all for now..I'm about to go hang out with the cutest and sweetest guy in the entire world..my nephew Hunter :-) By the way, does anyone know how that weird comment got on my last blog and how to avoid those????

1 Comments:

At 9:48 AM, Blogger Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

Liz--That weird comment cannot be avoided, but you can go in and delete it...that's what I do.

I feel like hearing God's voice can be difficult at times too--but I try and just depend on His word to get me through it...even if it means I walk by faith...not knowing what he says. I know this probably doesn't make much sense. But I can definitely feel you on not hearing God's voice at times.

I am so GLAD you have another wonderful class this year....I bet you're a wondeful teacher!

Take care!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home