Sunday, October 16, 2005

What a Surprise!

Last weekend was so much fun! My homegroupies (Lindsay, Lindsay, Elisabeth, Katie, Heather) and I went to the mountains for the weekend. We stayed in Cleveland, GA which is about 5 minutes from Helen, GA. We stayed in these awesome little cabins that Elisabeth's family ahs a time share with. Friday night was pretty entertaining. Katie wanted some "authentic mountain food that you can't get in Anderson". Well, we ended up at Ma Gooches. It was a good choice...best fried chicken I've ever had! Plus, we really liked the name of the place...
On Saturday, we got up early and went shopping around Helen. We ate at a restaurant on the river...lots of fun. We left and went back to our cabins, hoping to go on a trail ride. Unfortunately, it was too wet. So, Lindsay T, Elisabeth, and I went out on the lake in a john boat, complete with paddles and all! I was truly in awe of God's creations as we looked at the mountains-so beautiful. It was a terrific trip!

When I got to church on Sunday, I was met with quite a surprise. They showed my testimonial video. Apparently, it was a last-minute decision to show it that Sunday, which is why I was so shocked! Thanks to everyone who gave me words of encouragement after seeing the video. I even had a lot of people tell me "thank-you", and that really meant a lot. Of course the Lord gets the biggest THANK YOU of all. My life truly was saved when I asked Jesus into my heart. I am in awe everyday of what God has done for me in my life. We should boast more on the Lord everyday for the miracles He performs! It's hard to imagine the person I was before. Thankfully, that person is dead, and the person I am now in Christ is alive! It is a blessing that I got to share my story with others, and I hope it will impact lives for His kingdom.

Until next time... :-)

2 Comments:

At 12:44 PM, Blogger Liz said...

Sorry Lee...didn't mean to leave you all alone in the scary blog universe...especially enough to make you want mom! Now that IS SCARY! :-) Thanks for being the best brother ever!

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

I wish I could have seen it! I'm sure you were fantastic....and that people were moved by your testimony!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home