Tuesday, June 13, 2006

I miss the beach...

Returned from a WONDERFUL trip to the beach on Sunday. After a battle with the stomach flu on Tuesday, I went to the beach on Wednesday with Paul and his family. Luckily, I did recover in time. Whew! I had such a great and relaxing time. I knew I would, but it was even better than I expected. However, it turns out I'm not as good at putt putt as bowling, but oh well. It was lots of fun. I miss the beach! Didn't want to come home, but we did come home to a great message at church! Just what I needed, seeing as I've been having the "spiritual blues" lately. And God has really been rocking my world the last few days. I'm reading an awesome book, Twelve Extraordinary Women by John MacArthur. I highly recommend it. Oh, and I have my first tomato on my tomato plants. These may be the first plants to ever survive under my care! Wish me luck (or better yet, wish them luck)!

5 Comments:

At 10:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would you stop reading so much! Dern. It's contagious and I have got too much TV to watch.

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger Liz said...

i love that you say dern. it must be in our DNA. reading is good for you brother dear!

 
At 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dern good times! Use some Miracle-Gro on those 'maters.

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

SO fun to hang out with you guys last night.... :) thanks for thinking of me...

if you ever need a place in charlotte to crash...i'm your girl!

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Liz said...

whit...so glad you got to come! i will def. take u up on that offer! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home